We’d love every MOPS group to be represented at the Australasian conference!
That might mean fundraising to get your group there – and we say “Go for it!”
This page is to help you get started early on your planning.
The information here will also help if you’re planning to add on a Tassie family holiday before or after Conference.
This page will clearly indicate what information is confirmed and what is not.
The following details are CONFIRMED:
Date: 16-18 October 2019
Venue: Camp Clayton, 41 Clayton Road, Ulverstone, Tasmania 7315.
Registration: The standard Conference Registration will include all accommodation and all meals for the duration of the conference.
Keynote speaker: Mandy Arioto, President and CEO of MOPS International
Travel Deals: Please see further down page for special TT-Line offer for travel on The Spirit of Tasmania ferry for the month of October.
The following details are NOT CONFIRMED.
While these details are not confirmed, they are a close ESTIMATE to help you plan.
- We estimate that the standard Conference Registration will be around $275. (This includes two night’s accommodation and all catering during Conference.)
- Early bird registrations will offer savings and will be advised.
- Bed linen is optional and will be extra.
- It will be possible to register without on-site accommodation if you want to arrange separate family accommodation.
- Transport to and from airports will be at your own expense – we hope to organise a bus for no more than $50pp. (More details below under Transport Options.)
Conference time estimates:
- Registration to open approximately 4.30pm on Friday 16th.
- The Friday evening program to start approximately 6pm.
- The conference program will conclude at approximately lunchtime on Sunday 18th.
- We anticipate delegates will depart Camp Clayton from 1.30pm.
Information about transport options:
- Arrival into Tasmania can be by plane (to either Devonport or Launceston) or by Spirit of Tasmania ferry (to Devonport).
- Devonport is approximately 15 minutes away from Camp Clayton; Launceston is approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes away (always wise to allow for delays).
- There are more flights into Launceston than Devonport.
- Flights into Launceston are likely to be cheaper than flights into Devonport.
- We are investigating the possibility of providing buses to transport delegates from and to Launceston airport. There will be a limited number of runs. Timing and cost will be advised when we know. We plan to include a tick box in Trybooking when registrations open. We will keep you updated.
- Taking the ferry from Melbourne might suit delegates from far away (eg Perth?). If you fly into Melbourne on Thursday afternoon, and book a cabin on the overnight ferry, you will arrive at Devonport bright and early on the Friday morning. This will give some team time on board and some free time to explore a bit of Tasmania before Conference actually starts.
- This is early information for the benefit of MOPS Leaders only. When plans are more final, information will be made public. However, MOPS Leaders will be given first chance to register and first access to onsite accommodation. So please don’t share this information publicly. Feel free to share it with your team and on MOPS Leader pages on Facebook.
- The dates and location are confirmed. Actual costs and times are estimates and may be subject to change.
- Any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Spirit of Tasmania is proud to promote travel to the 2020 Australasian MOPS Conference and is offering delegates the best available passenger fares.
For the best available passenger fares, you must book via this page using our Exclusive Member’s Page link:
When booking/amending via this page, members will have access to the best available fares on their chosen sailing dates, with bookings for this event valid for travel between 1 October 2020 – 1 November 2020.
When booking via the Exclusive Members Page, the following fare types will be offered (subject to availability):
- 2020 Australasian MOPS Conference (Spirit)
- 2020 Australasian MOPS Conference (Flexi)
If the name of our event is not included in the fare type name, this indicates you may have left the Exclusive Members Page booking platform and may need to re-check before proceeding.
All passenger, accommodation and vehicle space is subject to availability at time of booking/amending. Please keep in mind fares do fluctuate and are subject to change until payment has been made and a booking number and e-ticket provided. Full terms and conditions are available by following the above link to the website. Alternative availability and bookings can be requested via the Customer Contact Centre on 132010, but please note booking and amendment fees do apply to non-internet bookings.
If you have any questions please first direct them to our Conference Manager, Megan Burton, at email@example.com who will assist you or direct you to the correct line of enquiry.
We thank the Spirit of Tasmania team for the opportunity to partner with them for our event!