Who Runs A MOPS Group?
MOPS groups are run by churches as a ministry to young families in their community, and they appoint a leadership team to run their MOPS group.
Typical MOPS Leadership Team Roles
- Coordinator: Leads the Leadership Team and acts as a liaison between MOPS Australia and the Chartering Ministry.
- MOPS Mentor: Mentors MOPS women by listening, encouraging and offering godly perspectives. A mature woman, she often teaches or schedules guest speakers anddisciples the Leadership Team.
- Discussion Group Team Leader: Leads a team of Discussion Group Leaders
- Finance Team Leader: Manages the group’s finances, membership registration and budget.
- Hospitality Team Leader: Creates a welcoming atmosphere, organises refreshmentsfor each meeting, plans special events and assists with special needs.
- Publicity Team Leader: Publicises MOPS to the community and facilitates communication in the MOPS group through newsletters and other tools.
- Creative Activities Team Leader: Leads a team that organises, plans and presents activities that encourage creativity.
- MOPS Kids Team Leader: Oversees the MOPS Kids ministry—recruits, trains and supports MOPS Kids carers.