At an administrative level, MOPS groups are run by churches as a ministry and outreach to young families in their community. The chartering church appoints a leadership team for their MOPS group.
At the group level, MOPS is run by mums, for mums! Each group has a leadership team made up of women who are themselves mothers of preschoolers, with the exception of the MOPS Kids Team Leader and Mentor who are more mature mums.
Typical MOPS Leadership Team Roles
- Coordinator: Leads the Leadership Team and acts as a liaison between MOPS Australia and the Chartering Ministry.
- MOPS Mentor: Mentors MOPS women by listening, encouraging and offering godly perspectives. A mature woman, she often teaches or schedules guest speakers anddisciples the Leadership Team.
- Discussion Group Team Leader: Leads a team of Discussion Group Leaders
- Finance Team Leader: Manages the group’s finances, membership registration and budget.
- Hospitality Team Leader: Creates a welcoming atmosphere, organises refreshmentsfor each meeting, plans special events and assists with special needs.
- Publicity Team Leader: Publicises MOPS to the community and facilitates communication in the MOPS group through newsletters and other tools.
- Creative Activities Team Leader: Leads a team that organises, plans and presents activities that encourage creativity.
- MOPS Kids Team Leader: Oversees the MOPS Kids ministry—recruits, trains and supports MOPS Kids carers.