A MOPS group is an open, accepting place for all mothers of preschoolers to come just as they are to experience authentic community, personal growth, practical help and spiritual hope.
There are currently over 100 MOPS groups meeting around Australia! A two hour MOPS meeting has four basic components: discussion, creative activities, teaching and socialising.
While each group is different, a MOPS program consists of several characteristics:
- Community: MOPS provides an open, caring and accepting atmosphere where women come together to share this season of life
- Mentoring: Mature women who listen, encourage and offer information and perspectives gained through experience
- Practical Instruction: Teaching focuses on areas of common interest, offering inspiration and information relevant to a mother’s life
- Leadership Development: MOPS groups are organised and run by mothers of preschoolers for mothers of preschoolers. Women involved in MOPS gain confidence in their leadership skills through MOPS training and experience
- MOPPETS: During MOPS meetings, children are cared for in the MOPPETS program which includes indoor and outdoor play, singing, creative activities and stories (including age-appropriate Bible stories)
Go here to Find a MOPS Group near you.