- We believe there is one God eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit (John 14: 16-17, Matthew 28:19). We believe Jesus Christ was begotten by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, and is true God and true man (Matthew 1:18 & 23).
- We believe the Bible is the foundation for these truths. It is God’s Word, uniquely and fully inspired by the Holy Spirit, and is authoritative on all matters on which it speaks. (2 Peter 1:20-21, 2 Timothy 3:16-17)
- We believe Jesus came into this world to redeem us by offering himself as the substitutionary sacrifice for our sins; he died for us; and he demonstrated his victory over sin and death by physically rising from the dead and ascending to heaven. (Romans 5:8-9, Romans 6:23, 1 Corinthians 15:1-4)
- We believe the result of this saving work of Christ is that salvation is by grace through faith in Jesus Christ (Ephesians 2:8-9, Galatians 2:16).
- We further believe that the fulfilment of God’s plan of redemption will begin with the visible personal return of Christ to judge the world and separate believers and unbelievers forever, and will culminate in a new creation. (Acts 1:11, 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17, Acts 24:15, Revelation 20:15, Romans 6:23).
- We believe that God chooses to work through the believers in his church and that we are called to evangelism and discipling of believers within the fellowship of the church. (Matthew 28:19-20, 1 Peter 2:9)
Photo: Aaron Burden