Only 33 sleeps until Mothers on the March!
We are up and running, ready and raring, keen as mustard, chomping at the bit, excited as…a child on their birthday (sorry, I was running out of clichés!). Let’s do it!
It’s time to register, and to get ALL your MOPS Mums to register, for the inaugural Mothers On The March!
- Log on to Vibe Village (<– just click on the link or visit www.vibevillage.com.au )
- Apply for the Mothers on the March program and answer a few simple questions (which will take you less than 10 minutes).
- Once you have been accepted into the program, you will then be able to activate your free “T-Shirt Transfer” offer, and it will be sent directly to you (along with a spare for your “walking buddy”).
The next step is to print off the sponsor form and start collecting some donations. You know how it works……ask Mum, Grandma, neighbours, friends, complete strangers, to throw in a few dollars for a very worthy cause. While you’re there…tell them how great MOPS is!
Coordinators of MOPS groups right around Australia – we need your to help make this a success. Encourage your girls, and promote, promote, promote. Make it easy for them. Why not take a laptop along to your next MOPS meeting and people can register there and then! On another MOPS morning you could have a “bring your T-shirt and transfer along and iron it” week. (You might need a catchier name than that though!) There are lots of resources available for you to use in the downloads section of our site.
I am so excited at the possibilities of this event. We need to dream big, and we need to take action! Just imagine for a moment:
- If all MOPS mums around Australia walked, we would have 2,500 walkers (of course that doesn’t include the other mums, grandmums, friends, colleagues and strangers we rope in as well!)
- If those 2,500 mums raised just $100 each, that’s $250,000 for MOPS! Wow!!!
And we haven’t even raised a sweat yet!
Go on… I challenge you to think of the possibilities if we were all able to register 1 extra person each, or if we all raised $200 each… Double WOW!
If that’s not enough motivation for you, how about prizes?! Will your MOPS group have the most participants? Will your group raise the most money? Will YOU raise the most money as an individual? Which state will win? Bragging rights are up for grabs here. Don’t let that chance go begging!
Saturday the 7th of May is fast approaching. In the words of Pablo Picasso “Action is the foundational key to all success.” So, let’s get “action-ing” girls!
“Faith is taking the first step even when you don’t see the whole staircase.” Martin Luther King
Any questions, please feel free to send an email through to me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mothers on the March Coordinator